Monday 6 May 2013

Review: Natibaby Spiderweb Dew

Brand: Natibaby
Type: Spiderweb Dew
Blend: 40% Hemp, 60% Viscose Bamboo
Size: 5




When Natibaby released a sample number of these wraps, I was thrilled to get the opportunity to buy one.  The hemp and viscose bamboo blend sounded so intriguing! It arrived and my intrigue has continued, as I still can't decide what I think of this wrap!!  The design is really funky, and the colour is lovely, although I slightly prefer the dusky appearance of the 'wrong', slightly darker side.  Natibaby recommend washing the wrap before using it, so I duly put this wrap in the wash.  Interestingly their washing instructions state not to let viscose bamboo be immersed in water for more than 40-50 minutes, so I had to set a timer and stop my washing machine when the time was up!
Once dry, the wrap was amazingly soft and mouldable immediately.  The bamboo side is quite grippy, but the viscose bamboo side is very, very silky and slippy.  This is the only feature of this wrap that I'm not keen on, as I feel that although it slides into place when wrapping, I'm finding that it slides out of place before I can secure it.  However, when wrapped, it has a lovely cush on my shoulders.  The only other thing to note is that the hemp side is covered in many slubs, which is often a feature of hemp and linen, but I was surprised at just how many slubs there were on this wrap.
I'm waiting to see whether the feel of the wrap changes with use and whether it stays as slippy.  I will report back in the next few weeks after a bit more use.

4 comments:

  1. Please give us an update on how the hemp / bamboo blend is performing. How thick is it? Is it good in the heat? How is the grip/glide issue working itself out? Is the glide making it so it is not as toddler worthy (for toddlers over 25 lbs)? THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you made up your mind on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments! :)
    I firstly have to admit that Spiderweb Dew went off to a lovely new home a couple of days ago, but this was because I can't afford to keep all the wraps, rather than me not loving it. I really grew to love the glide, as it made it SO easy to wrap with. It was definitely supportive enough with my large 19 month old (I've no idea how much he weighs though, but he's the size of an average 2 year old), and the hemp gave it cush without it being too thick, meaning it was a lovely wrap for warmer days. The glide meant it was easy to wrap with, but also meant you needed to place your passes carefully so that they didn't slip out of place whilst carrying.
    You can see me using it in the 'knotless double hammock' tutorial and see how easy it was to pull the passes over my back and pull it all tight. The hemp/bamboo blend is a really interesting one, and has a completely different feel to it compared to all my other wraps. It has many great wapping qualities though, and I wouldn't hesitate in getting another wrap with the same blend in the future. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for updating! I really appreciate your reviews and beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete