Saturday 28 June 2014

Review: Baie Slings Filigree Limerick

Brand: Baie Slings
Type: Filigree Limerick (tester)
Blend: 100% combed cotton
Size: 6

Filigree Limerick arrived along with the Trowen Jasper tester wrap a couple of weeks ago, and we have been thoroughly enjoying trying it out! Its interesting to see what effect a different weft can have on the same coloured warp, as the overall colours of Jasper and Limerick are really different, despite having the same deep green coloured warp. Limerick is actually made up of three different green colours, which combine to make this very fresh and striking colourway.
This is the first time I have seen and felt the Filigree pattern in person. It is a really intricate, delicate pattern, and I really feel that Limerick looks equally good on either side.
Limerick is a very tight weave, meaning it didn't arrive with the same 'fluffiness' as some of the looser weave Baie Slings. However, after a little bit of use, it is really softening up. I don't feel that its tight weave makes it difficult to use, and it is still lovely and mouldable. The Filigree pattern is quite grippy, so needs pulling across on a back carry slightly more carefully, but I honestly didn't struggle to get it tightened at all. The grippiness does help everything to stay in place, and produced a really solid and supportive carry. It has less overall cush compared to some of the looser weave Baie Slings, but I didn't feel it digging on my shoulders at all. I also settled my son for his nap in a FWCC, and found it very supportive, even with such a large child. It was very easy pull into place, and the grippiness meant that the wrap staying in place whilst tightening, making it quick and easy to get into place.
I can see Limerick getting softer with use, and I wouldn't hesitate to use with with a small baby, but it also worked beautifully with my toddler. I would probably choose it in a multi-layer carry for a very large toddler, but it is supportive enough to also work in a single-layer carry for a smaller child.
Another beautiful wrap from Baie Slings, which are being released this coming Monday. Take a look at Baie Slings website for more details!




Vey close-up, showing the three different green colours that make up Limerick.

No comments:

Post a Comment