Saturday 29 June 2013

Review: Pavo Penumbra Syzygy

Brand: Pavo
Type: Penumbra Syzygy
Blend: 100% cotton
Size: 6
I've been very lucky on several occasions recently to be in the right place at the right time to buy an amazing wrap, one of them being this beautiful wrap from Pavo.  Pavo is a relatively new company in the USA, and I've been keen to try one of their wraps since I heard some rave reviews about them.  I was even luckier that this beautiful wrap didn't get charged any customs fees (although I've had friends who's Pavos have been caught by customs, so I think I just got lucky!), and therefore arrived nice and quickly.
On first arrival, I was immediately struck by the fact that I have never felt a 100% cotton wrap like this one before!  It feels very densely woven, fairly heavyweight (at 280g/msq) and totally toddler-worthy without being terribly thick and beastly, meaning it could also easily be used with a younger child.
I washed it immediately and then steam ironed it, as I wanted to start the breaking-in process straightaway! It softened up quite a bit, and after braiding and pulling through sling rings a few times, Syzygy is already becoming a lot softer and more mouldable, although I'm confident that with a little bit of use, this wrap is only going to get better and better!
Syzygy is already pretty easy to wrap with, as it glides beautifully, but is grippy enough to stay in place.   The colours are deep and vibrant, and the fabric has a slight shimmer when the light catches it.  The fabric has the perfect amount of stretch to it, allowing it to mould perfectly, and wraps into the most rock-solid carry I have ever felt! My son sometimes ends up a little bit lower on my back that I aim for, but he stayed up nice and high with this wrap, as it held him in place so well. 
I am really impressed with this wrap, as not only is it beautiful, but it has the ability to make my heavy 19 month old son feel practically weightless!


No comments:

Post a Comment