Tuesday 4 June 2013

Review: Uppymama Jennifer

Brand: Uppymama
Type: 'Jennifer'
Size: 5 metres
Blend: 100% cotton
A dream has become reality for me today!  This beautiful handwoven Uppymama arrived this morning, and I have completely fallen in love with it.  Most people involved in the wrap scene have heard of Uppymama, an American company who produces handwoven wraps (made by one individual lady on a hand loom) in very limited numbers.  They are not easy to get hold of, and due to their limited and beautiful nature, they usually command high prices.  When this beautiful wrap came up for sale within the UK, I decided to part with some of my other wraps in order to buy this one.  I have not been disappointed!
The first thing that struck me when I unwrapped Jennifer, is how soft and mouldable it is.  The colours are beautiful, and perfect for my green-eyed boy.  It is amazingly easy to wrap with, and it feels as if it moulds around you, and becomes like a second skin.  It is extremely supportive, and a double hammock just fell into place.  My 18 month old felt weightless, and it is extremely cushy on my shoulders.  I can honestly see why Uppymamas are so adored by those who have tried one!  I plan for this wrap to stay with us for a very long time!






2 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! Fantastic blog. Stumbled across it googling Uppymama and I can't wait to have a look through. Just wanted to let you know though that your beautiful Uppy and all Uppys are made in Alberta, Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, and reminding me that Uppymama are in Canada! Oops! :)

      Delete