Friday 23 August 2013

Review: Woven Products Dark Rainbow

Brand: Woven Products (sold through etsy)
Type: Dark Rainbow, designed by a friend.
Blend: Cotton warp, Cottolin Weft
Size: 2.1m piece, converted into a ring sling by me (pleated shoulder).
Woven Products are very new to the babywearing scene, and I am under the impression that she has only woven a handful of wraps so far. When a lovely friend of mine shared a picture of her wrap design, I was very lucky that she said she would share her warp with me and another friend. As I'm using ring slings a lot at the moment, I chose to have a ring sling piece, which I would convert myself. We didn't have to wait very long, and the wrap was soon woven and on its way to us from Finland.
The wrap is totally different to anything I have felt before! The diamond pattern makes it very textured, and the open weave makes it very soft and mouldable. I was intrigued as to whether such an open weave would hold my son's weight comfortably, and I'm delighted to say that it does!
My Mum and I set to work converting it into a pleated shoulder ring sling, which despite a few problem getting the fabric to go through the sewing machine, it turned out well in the end.
The wrap has a good amount of diagonal stretch, and adjusts through the ring slings well, although I'm being very careful, as the open weave feels slightly delicate. However, it moulds amazingly around my son, and holds him very firmly, and I found it very comfortable whilst trying it out earlier today.
The overall look of the wrap is stunning! The colours and pattern are beautiful, and my friend's design is perfect. I am really thrilled with this beautiful, unique, ring sling!



No comments:

Post a Comment