Thursday 23 May 2013

Review: Kokadi Fantasia

Brand: Kokadi
Type: Fantasia
Blend: 100% cotton
Size: 4 (measures long)
(Pic above, my favourite picture of Fantasia, when my son was 10 months old)


Kokadi Fantasia was one of the very first woven wraps I bought, and I still really love the colour combination and fun pattern.  My son was just 10 months old when I received it, and it soon became the wrap we used every day.  It is such a soft wrap straight out of the box, and is really easy to wrap with as it glides so easily.  It moulds amazingly well, and at 10 months old, held my son's weight perfectly.
My son is now a large 17 month old, and I have to admit that I don't particularly use it any more.  Its softness and glide no longer hold my son's weight quite as well, and although it is such a pleasure to wrap with, it doesn't stay as comfortable for very long.  I have to add here though, that I am well aware of many people who happily carry their toddlers in 100% cotton Kokadi wraps, and find them very comfortable.  I do wonder if my Fantasia was a slightly longer wrap, and I had more fabric to play with, that I might find it more supportive.
I almost sold this wrap a couple of times recently, and having got it out to play with today, I am secretly happy that it is still with us.  I just remember being so excited when it arrived, and completely loving how it wraps.  It really is an amazing wrap, and although it isn't as good for my toddler compared to some of my other wraps, I think I will hold onto it for a while.  Hopefully I might wrap another baby in it one day!
I have been reminded about how lovely Kokadi wraps are though, and I'm tempted to try a different blend - perhaps one of their hemp wraps - to see if that will support my son's weight but also be just as amazing to wrap with.  Watch this space!
(right) The day Kokadi Fantasia arrived with us.  
My son had just turned 10 months.

Trying Fantasia out today (17 months old)

No comments:

Post a Comment